Monday, September 7, 2009

GoogleDocs


Google Docs.. like Wikis are working documents which invited members can edit, upload and create their own documents. Google Docs to me is an online version of Microsoft Office tools and is a practical means of working on assignments with peers rather than attaching documents to emails and going back and forth. However as great as I think this tool is it is laking as I cannot access it using my uni email which is the only email I bother to check. Having to log onto GMail all the time deters me from using this tool as I have adequate skills, attaching documents to emails. The idea of using it with parents in a school context is a very exciting concept however not all families have access to the Internet which could cause problems if this is the only resource used. Overall this is a great tool but using it in schools with students I think could cause some issues due to privacy issues and I would have to consider if it is worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment