Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Second Life


Second Life is an online 3D virtual world imagined and designed by you. From the moment you enter Second Life, you’ll discover a universe brimming with people and possibilities.
It allows you to create and customize your own 3D persona.... Why not just live the life you have with everything you have and enjoy it? I guess its a world for those with little self confidence who want to be something they are not?

It is like a social networking/dating site... not in reality? You can voice chat but is it going to be your real voice? I dint really see the point of it all as I prefer to live in reality but I can understand the enjoyment people get from being a part of such a world as I once enjoyed playing the Sims as a child and to me it is similar.

I can pin point the relevance in a classroom personally but I do think students would be interested and should be introduced to it to understand the rules of the Internet etc...

Second Life? Why not live your first life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment